20 Years Ago, I...
1. Was five months old, and probably not a little confused about the world.
2. Was in Edinburgh, I think. That could have been at six months though.
3. Was the subject of an argument between my parents as to what my name should have been.
15 Years Ago, I . . .
1. Was five, and about to change schools without understanding why.
2. Was obsessed with Roald Dahl.
3. Started learning to speak French.
10 Years Ago, I...
1. Was ten, and top of the class in absolutely every subject. Except sport, of course.
2. Had more crushes than anyone should have; had decided my name was Maria, for some reason.
3. Started listening to pop music, hence my nostalgic fondness for things like 'When We Dance' by Sting, 'Jessie' by Joshua Kadison, and 'Cowboy Dreams' by Prefab Sprout. :)
5 Years Ago, I...
1. Think I still had a girlfriend, at Roedean, possibly the worst private school in England.
2. Had started my GCSEs but had no interest left in any subject other than English.
3. Properly discovered Duran Duran and built a shrine to them in my room at school. No, really.
3 Years Ago, I...
1. Was dating nightshade over the internet and only months away from discovering ciphergoth and all that that meant.
2. Had a huge crush on asrana's gay housemate.
3. Was spending far too much time on LJ. No, really - 21-posts-a-day kind of too much.
1 Year Ago, I...
1. Had started the ENO opera course that would lead to me finding a) confidence, and b) a certain character by the name of 'The Painmaster'...
2. Had just heard about the death of a dear family friend, still much-missed. Can't believe it's been a year.
3. Was into the Ozric Tentacles in a fairly serious way.
So far this year, I...
1. Have started at college, ended a relationship, started having panic attacks again, ended a year-and-a-half-long silence with someone.
2. Have seen Duran Duran live, supported by the amazing Goldfrapp, courtesy of robinbloke.
3. Have had Caroline Quentin tell me I was good on stage. :)
1. Went to see the useless therapist my mother found for me and got very angry with her.
2. Observed that the Hollyoaks writers are getting a bit desperate again.
3. Went to B-Movie, danced to 'Poison' by Alice Cooper without anything going disastrously wrong, giggled at the subject of the cornflakes dream, was hugged.
1. Am going to Cambridge but would largely rather be somewhere else just at the minute.
2. Am listening to 'Sacred Cow' by Sunday Driver. It's very lovely.
3. Don't believe much of yesterday actually happened.
1. Will be suffering as blackmetalbaz plays me music I don't understand. :)
2. Will come home, probably.
3. Should really tidy my house, looking at the state of the place.