1) If only he would write me or call
A word of explanation, that's all
It would stop me climbing the wall,
He's breaking up a happy home...
- Japanese Boy by Aneka.
2) I believe in the family
With my ever loving wife beside me
But she don’t know about my girlfriend
Or the man I met last night...
- Jesus He Knows Me by Genesis (though I let fluffymormegil have a point for Phil Collins because I'm nice.)
3) Now show me one more upturned knife
And fill the emptiness inside...
- Juke Joint Jezebel by KMFDM.
4) Something nasty in your garden's waiting
Patiently, till it can have your heart
Try to go but it won't let you
Don't you know it's out to get you...
- The Land Of Make Believe by Bucks Fizz.
5) Me and the telephone that never rings
If you were me, what would you do?
- Me? I Disconnect From You by Gary Numan.
6) Boats along the river setting up their sails,
And life carries on as normal,
Although you're not around...
- Am I Right? by Erasure.
7) And yes, I've been bad -
Doctor won't you do with me what you can?
You see I think about it all the time, 24/7...
- Outside by George Michael.
8) Here I stand,
All of me before your eyes;
No more lies, no more lies,
- I Have No More Answers by Black Tape For A Blue Girl. (No, nobody got this, but I wasn't really expecting anyone to.)
9) If ever again a greeting I send to you
Short and sweet to the soul I intend...
- We Used To Be Friends by The Dandy Warhols.
10) Yeah, I probably got a couple of screws up in my head loose -
But no worse than what's going on in your parents' bedrooms...
- The Real Slim Shady by Eminem (though I gave emmy_mallow half a point for '(My Name Is) Slim Shady' because it's an entirely plausible confusion)
11) Radio, video, boogie with a suitcase,
You're living in a disco,
Forget about the rat race...
- Pop Muzik by M or, apparently, U2.
12) Being an island, shying from trying
Seems the easy way, such an easy way,
But there's no future without tears...
- Open Your Heart by The Human League.
13) There was never one as I
Who could stand the reasons why
Who would even take the time -
Did you care? Was I right?
- Big Area by Then Jericho.
14) Ni conversus fueris et sicut puer factus
et vitam mutaveris in meliores actus
intrare non poteris
regnum Dei beatus
- Ad Mortem Festinamus by QNTAL.
15) What's your name? Who's your daddy?
Is he rich like me?
Has he taken any time to show you what you need to live?
- The Time Of The Season by The Zombies.
16) The family's back from long ago
The voices burnt, the voices gold
Vapour trails go by
Voices on the lines...
- No One Driving by John Foxx.
17) Don't get hot, 'cause man, you got
Some high times ahead -
Take it slow and, Daddy-O,
You can live it up and die in bed...
- 'Cool' from West Side Story.
18) But are you that clever that you smile forever?
Is it summer yet? 'Cause I just don't feel it...
- Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja by The Lostprophets. Nobody got this either, which is a shame - it's a gorgeous song and one of a few reasons why nu-metal shouldn't be dismissed as a genre.
19) I want to know you -
No, not like that...
- Justify My Love by Madonna. Nobody got this either; I am shocked at you all. :)
20) Daddy didn't give affection, no -
And the boy was something that mummy wouldn't wear...
- Jeremy by Pearl Jam.
arkady : 30
blackmetalbaz : 11
moral_vacuum : 10
venta : 6
katyha : 4
fluffymormegil : 2
swisstone : 2
zoo_music_girl : 2
djm4 : 2
kelemvor : 2
nadriel : 2
dj_pooka : 2
emmy_mallow : 1 1/2
So now you know. ~s~