* The reason (it dawned on me as I watched a slightly surreal They Think It's All Over in which Jonathan Ross and his teammate had come dressed in black t-shirts, leather trousers and leather jackets) that I was so attracted to The Painmaster in the first place was because he looked like David Gower.
* I quite want to sleep with Gordon Ramsay.
* Watching porn a channel's officials didn't mean to broadcast is an entertaining way to spend a couple of hours.
* A.S.J. Tessimond is an incredibly good poet.
* Not so much something I've learned as something I've been reminded of - the most attractive person in the entire 1980s was not, in fact, Nick Rhodes, John Taylor, David Sylvian, Steve Jansen, Boy George or any of those - it was of course Dr. Robert. It's a pity the Blow Monkeys made such godawful music.
* I can use an oven, but not make dessert from a packet.
* There is not enough poetry in this house. And I say this having gone through forty books in the last three days.
With this last in mind, I am now off to Brighton with a pad of paper and a pen, hopefully to spend a few hours in Borders, copying things down.
Love to all,