* A robinbloke
* A faerierhona
* Excellent music
* Phrases such as "Dead now" and "I'll never dance again", immediately followed by Rex putting on something it is impossible not to dance to
* Drunken idiots elbowing me in the arm, kicking me in the shins and spilling beer on my boots
* A spare pair of comfortable shoes. Must remember to do this more often
* Dancing. Lots and lots and lots of dancing
* 'Sin' by Nine Inch Nails, 'Gorgeous' by Turbulent Soundscape, and the unexpected gem of the night ('Discotheque Necronomicon' in this case)
* The Fear
Sadly missed from the essentials for a good night at the Ballroom :
* A dennyd
* Anyone doing poi
* Anyone at all for the first hour or so. I am not kidding - they played 'This Corrosion' and there were three people on the dancefloor
* Avon, my ecstasy-morris-dancing London club mascot
* The Spacefrog mix of 'Headhunter' by Front 242
The Fear was provided by a large man in a small PVC dress, red laddered tights, and makeup that I can only describe as the horrible collision of a clown and Humpty Dumpty.
The Fear was also provided by proof positive of the existence of a Kitty Factory. Previously at the Ballroom I have seen a man to whom I have referred as "That's what Kitty will look like in ten years' time; fear him." Tonight, faerierhona and I totally agreed that we had happened upon what Kitty would have looked like ten years *ago*. If he could dance. And had cyber hair.
Anyway, I am very very very very tired. So, bed.
Thank you robinbloke, it was a brilliant night.