It suddenly occurred to me that there's a handful of music-related things I've been meaning to mention for a while. So I thought I'd collate them and then anyone who actually cares would have them all in one place, and everyone else is spared having them dotted about through my journal. :)
1) I was watching MTV the other day and discovered that the fabulous No Doubt have done a cover of Talk Talk's 'It's My Life'. It's really rather good, and I'm very happy about it, since I'm having a romance with cover versions at the moment. And I'm *always* having a romance with No Doubt. And the video is gorgeous. Mmm.
2) I seem to be one of only three people who think Kylie's latest single is one of her best, but I still think it's excellent. And sparkly, and electric, and gorgeous. So there.
3) I know I've mentioned the Ozric Tentacles a couple of times, but the thing is, I keep hearing more. And everything I do hear convinces me that they're actually impossible. Just, nobody could get away with being that good for that long unless they had magic helping them, which, I must say, seems increasingly likely. I firmly believe they have knowledge of something, unique to the history of this country, that the rest of us have somehow lost. That their music is painful for me to listen to for reasons similar to those that make Peter Pan painful to read, or Labyrinth painful to watch. It's extraordinary. ~sigh~
4) Does anyone have this? I heard it yesterday and it's fairly brilliant (as I'm sure at least half of you know, being into music that sounds like this and all).
5) Hardly news, as such, but I only tracked this down yesterday as well. Well, dennyd has it, but neither of us knew what it was. And now I do, so now I can get hold of it as well. Yay!
So, yes, stuff. Also, while I've got music and icons on my mind, I feel I should be making myself at least a couple of new music-related icons. Any ideas for whom I should make icons of? (I've got too many to choose from, rather than being at any kind of loss.) Is there anyone you just couldn't bear to have to see appear on your Friends page? ~s~