I get back and LJ is the same, so is e-mail. It's not my fault, damn it; I reserve the right to catch hold of a chance when it passes. Don't like it, get moving. ~shrug~
Unexpected things happening? Oh, yes. Got lots of those, governor. I present, for your inspection...
Exhibit A - Someone I thought was having a fairly good night and who I thought I was getting along with in a worthwhile fashion stopped me the next day to apologise for the entire previous night. Which makes absolutely no sense to me, but hey. I'm sorry they weren't having as good a night as I thought. ~shrug~
Exhibit B - I got to know, again, for a while, what it's like to hold someone. I've been held a lot recently but haven't held anyone since the October Night Of Doom, and then I was only holding a memory. But this was real. And I got to know, again, for a while, what it's like to feel wanted. Not a bad thing. ~smile~ Words stay with me.
And I looked in the mirror and I thought, "you look like you've been fucked through a hedge backwards". And I did. But I hadn't been. ~s~
Exhibit C - by far the strangest, really. I got home to London, turned on my computer, and heard a strange noise from the street. I shrugged, until I heard it again and realised it was inside my house, and it sounded like Gir from Invader Zim. And then it sounded like a very lost kitten. Baffled, without moving from my desk, I called a questioning "miaow?" through the door, and got a "miew" back. So I got up and went out of the room, and there, on the stairs, was a large grey cat.
She must have been here a while but she'd done no damage; I had to put her out, unfortunately. Nobody knows whose she is - probably a stray from the empty houses across the road. When I picked her up to take her outside she was very frightened, but she didn't scratch or anything, just looked at me with nervous eyes, like [see Exhibit A] can do.
Very, very strange.
And now I'm home. And very alone. But not for long...asrana arrives tomorrow...~hugs~
1) First Grade Teacher: Someone tell me what age this is, and I'll let you know.
2) Last words you said: "Oddly enough, I'm tired. Idiot."
3) Last song you sang: 'Our Lips Are Sealed', The Fun Boy Three.
4) Last person you hugged: grahamb.
5) Last thing you laughed at: More stuff on http://www.engrish.com .
6) Last time you said 'I love you': To asrana a little while ago.
7) Last time you cried: This morning, on the train.
8) What's in your CD player: The copy of Siouxsie's second album of hits that emomisy made for me. ~blows kisses~
9) What colour socks are you wearing: Not wearing socks.
10) What's under your bed: Nothing that I know of.
11) What time did you wake up today: ~laughs~ I didn't. Alternatively, in about two hours' time.
12) Current taste: Nothing out of the ordinary.
13) Current hair: Marginally tamed fucked-through-a-hedge-backwards. ~g~
14) Current clothes: Black skirt, black top. The usual. Left my earrings at wildeabandon's. D'oh.
15) Current annoyance: Inexplicable sore throat.
16) Current longing: Right now I long for warmth.
17) Current desktop picture: never changes.
18) Current worry: Work tonight.
19) Current hate: Depression, for ruining quite a lot of yesterday.
20) Story behind your LJ username: Oh, come on, if you don't know by now...
21) Current favourite article of clothing: The black top with the crucifix on it. Me, a goth? Ah, go on...
22) Favourite physical feature of the opposite sex/same sex: Good hair, and beatiful eyes. Beautiful hands don't hurt, either. [insertjokehere]
23) Last CD that you bought: I haven't bought one in a while actually. That's deeply wrong.
24) Favourite place to be: At the moment I just want to sleep. But, I don't know. Curled up on a sofa with someone I love.
25) Least favourite place: Schools and universities.
26) Time you wake up in the morning: Starting to depend on how horribly late I went to sleep. ~s~
27) If you could play an instrument, what would it be: Harp. And asrana, the last time you touched a piano would probably have been the last time you were at mine.
28) Favourite color: Black, purple, electric blue.
29) Do you believe in an afterlife: Yes. Of some kind.
31) Current favourite word/saying: "Sweet and innocent, me."
32) Favourite book: Don't have one right at the moment.
33) Favourite season: Winter. ~smile~
34) One person from your past you wish you could go back and talk to: Sarah.
35) Favourite day: Friday! Or Tuesday if it's Calling night. ~s~
36) Where do you want to go: Right now, to bed, to sleep, for ages.
37) What is your career going to be like: I don't care, I'm going to be fucking famous, baby.
38) How many kids do you want: Minus several. None, but if I could remove some from the planet as well, y'know...
39) What kind of car will you have: I won't! Me on the roads is a scarier prospect than dennyd on the roads...
40) Type a line you remember from any book: "Luck is my middle name. Mind you, my first name is Bad." It's always Pratchett that springs to mind. "From the back, Vetinari looked like a carnivorous flamingo."
41) A random lyric: "I know you need to ask of me, but I have no more answers..."
"If I could only taste one drop of your unhappiness..."
- both appropriate, same band (Black Tape For A Blue Girl)
42) Identify some things surrounding your computer: Mobile phone, landline, tape covers, CDs, and a big pile of lined A4 paper - all my poems and stories, near enough.