1.your livejournal "user name" & what it means:
duranorak. Duran. Anorak. ~shrug~ It made sense at the time.
2. on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how well does your livejournal represent who you actually are?
Difficult to answer this. My LJ entries tend to be impulsive and silly or highly angst-ridden, both of which are things I occasionally am in real life, but LJ amplifies those sides of my personality a *lot*. Almost everyone I've ever met after knowing them on LJ has said something along the lines of "you're a lot saner than you seem on LJ". I'd give it a 6 - it's not that I hide anything deliberately, it's just that LJ gets the highs and the lows and not much in between.
3. how much about your life do you post to LJ?
Almost everything unless I can't find words for it. I'm sorry, everyone. ~s~
4. is there anything you refuse to post about?
No. If I can't say something directly I will say it cryptically. And annoy the hell out of everyone, I know.
5. on a scale of 1-10 how interesting do you think your own journal is to others?
Not a clue. I've been told it's both interesting and very dull, so...~shrug~ I think to those that know me it's probably interesting. I also know that a fair few people have banned me from their default view. ~g~ Whatever.
6. from who/how did you find out about LJ?
7. has anyone ever joined LJ because of you?
Yes, sparkyrie, asrana and amitriptyline.
8. what proportion of your posts are friends only?
Very few, though there have been more in recent months. I tend not to have anything to hide. ~shrug~
9. what is your favorite interest on LJ?
I have no interests listed. ~shrug~
10. Has anything on LJ ever caused you to establish, rethink, or even change your belief or position on something?
Yes, many things, mainly courtesy of ciphergoth. And I think in future mainly courtesy of kaet.
11. how often do you respond / comment on other people's journals?
All the time if I have something to say. ~shrug~
12. do you prefer to write in your journal or read other journals?
It's all what I use LJ for. Whatever.
13. have you ever had something mean said to you or been stalked, harassed, or got into an argument/flame war on LJ (or did it to someone else)?
I've had charming anonymous comments left, but nothing else. I've never said anything mean to others on LJ that I can recall. I stalk lots and lots of people on LJ, but in a gentle unthreatening way, honest guv. There have been many arguments.
14. have you ever banned someone from your journal?
15. who are your favorite LJ friend(s) and why?
'Favourite friends'? Surreal concept. There are particular journals I find more interesting than others, but that's not the same thing.
16. how many of your LJ friends have you actually met?
40 out of 57, if for 'met' you read 'seen in real life' - there are two I have never actually been introduced to.
17. of all of the people on LJ you know of, who is the most like you?
It's likely to be wildeabandon for lots of reasons, and perhaps ajva for others, and still again purplerabbits for others. ~shrug~ Hope nobody's offended...
18. why are you most likely to add someone to your friends list?
On LJ it's both because I want to read their journal and because I want them to know I'm reading their journal.
19. do you automatically add friends to your journal if they add you first?
20. what is the most likely reason you wouldn't add someone to your friends list?
Because I don't know them or find their journal interesting.
21. is your "significant other" on LJ?
I currently have no significant others.
22. have you ever wanted to meet someone on LJ?
Heck yes, and there's more of them now...
23. on a scale of 1-10, rate LJ for convenience, usefulness, and coolness factor:
I adore LJ & could give it no less than 10. It has its faults but it's done a lot of good things for me.