(1) The singular boring question: What is your name?
(2) If you had been born a member of the opposite sex, what would your name have been?
Leonard. So thank god I wasn't.
(3) Would you name a child of yours after you?
Absolutely not. While I'm growing to like Emily more, I've always resented being called it. Gah.
(4) If you had to switch first names with a friend of yours, who would you switch with?
~laughs~ Peter R. I like his name.
(5) What's the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name?
They don't mispronounce it, but they sure as heck misspell my surname.
(6) If you were to become famous, would you drop your last name (like Madonna, Cher, Roseanne)?
No. But I'd be known as Kheldara anyway. ~s~
DEEP THEOLOGICAL QUESTIONS
(7) Do you believe in the traditional view of Heaven and Hell?
"Traditional"? Oh yes?
No, I'd say I probably don't - no matter what the "traditional" view turned out to be.
(8) Do you think God has a gender?
I don't believe in God - having said which, yes, male.
(9) Do you think science counteracts religion?
It tries to. It depends on what you see "religion" as. If you mean, does science counteract what religion has said in the past, then yes, often. But science *can't* counteract force of belief, and that is what I see religion as.
(10) Do you believe in organized religion?
Well, it's there. I may hate it, but I can't deny its existence. ~s~
(11) Where do you think we go when we die?
With any luck, the great Blitz Club in the sky for me...
(12) Do you feel a little funny thinking about the questions in this section?
Not even slightly.
(13) How easy is it to make you laugh?
Very. But slapstick makes me ill, so don't try it.
(14) What person you know makes you laugh the most?
Mum and Dad, probably. We share a family sense of humour. ~s~
(15) Do you laugh at jokes you know you shouldn't?
Not really. The only reason I feel I 'shouldn't' be laughing at a joke is if I don't find it funny.
(16) Do you tell jokes you know you shouldn't?
I don't tend to tell jokes.
Although I *know* I probably shouldn't tell the boy on the bicycle joke, because it's just cruel. ~g~
(17) What words instantly make you laugh or at least smile?
Wonderuflé! (Never mind.) There are many words in the English language that make me laugh. "Cabbage" is one of them. So is "spam".
(18) What do you think is the funniest thing you've ever said or written?
I amuse myself daily. Today's so far is unrepeatable. ~g~
(19) Do you ever dance to music when nobody's watching?
All the time.
(20) What is/are the worst song(s) you have ever heard?
Anything Puff Daddy lays his over-bejewelled hands on. Various other rap-related things.
(21) What song(s) do you wish you could understand a little better?
Oddly enough, 'Tea In The Sahara' is one of these. I love it, but I don't understand it and I'd like to know what inspired it.
(22) What song(s) are constantly in your head?
It depends on what I've been listening to.
(23) What song(s) do you think describe your personality best?
It is a huge fucking cliché, but I've always tended to say "To The Moon And Back" by Savage Garden.
There are many, however, just as I have many personalities. ~s~
(24) If you were to serenade the object of your affections, which song(s) would you use?
Which one? ~g~
'When We Dance', I expect. Or 'Missing You' (John Waite) or 'Broken Wings' (Mr. Mister) or 'Nights In White Satin' (Moody Blues), or....
(25) If the object of your affections were to serenade you, what song(s) would you hope he or she used?
Again, it would depend on who it was.
If they had a nice voice they could sing anything, so long as it wasn't by Usher or something...
(26) What movie(s) do you love that nobody else seems to?
Well, The Wedding Singer, for a start.
(27) Do you agree with the idea that sequels are always worse than the original?
Not at all. Toy Story 2.
(28) Who's your favorite Star Wars character?
~laughs~ Having only seen Episode 1, I must say Qui-Gon, but only 'cause it was Liam Neeson.
(29) What kind of movie do you think there should be more of?
Musical films. Seriously. Velvet Goldmine, Labyrinth, Hedwig - they're all my favourites and they all feature pretty men in eyeliner, singing.
More! More! More!
(30) What movie(s) do you simply not understand the appeal of?
(31) When eating, are you more concerned with taste or healthiness?
Taste. Of course.
(32) What's your favorite kind of cheese?
I really, really dislike cheese.
(33) What do you think your answer to the previous question reveals about your personality?
~laughs~ God knows.
(34) If you knew exactly what went into Chinese food, hamburger meat, etc., would you still eat it?
Yes, probably, unless it was literally too horrible to contemplate.
(35) Do you ever feel guilty eating meat?
(36) Mac or PC?
(37) How much do you actually care about the inner workings of your computer, as long as it works?
Not at all in any way.
(38) Do you ever begin preferring IMs to other forms of conversation?
I like IM, it beats the telephone on most counts, but it's got nothing on face-to-face.
(39) Do you find you're different talking through IMs than face-to-face or on the telephone?
Yes, but only because I can allow myself to bounce more on IM.
(40) Have you ever ended bid on something on eBay and regretted it later?
Never been to eBay. Too dangerous. ~s~
THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES
(41) Have you ever wished you could experience being the other gender?
Yes. Every day.
(42) What do you love most about the other gender?
Pretty men are prettier than the prettiest girls. And they look better in makeup, too.
(43) What do you dislike most about the other gender?
They're insensitive in the extreme, even when they think they're not being.
(44) What do you understand least about the other gender?
Why they have such trouble acting on feelings for other men. I don't understand it at all, but I think that's just part of my personality.
(45) Do you sometimes see a movie or watch a show just because a good-looking celebrity is in it?
Yes! Hell, yes.
(46) What celebrity's autograph do you want most?
Nick's or John's. I like them.
(47) Have people ever said you looked like a celebrity, and if so, who?
Not that I recall. Cousin It from the Addams Family. ~g~
(48) If there was to be a movie about you, who do you think should play you (in personality, looks or both)?
Oh, god, I've no idea. Someone male, though. Probably that pre-raphaelite Cambridge kid I was raving about the other day.
(49) Does it ever annoy you when you know someone is a celebrity but you can't remember why?
Er, no? What do you mean?
(50) If you could enter any celebrity's mind like in "Being John Malkovich", whose would you enter?
Nick's. Seriously, it would be a fascinating place to be.
(51) Do you want to be John Malkovich?
(52) Do you laugh when you hear or read the number 69?
Not often, unless it's in a particularly unfortunate context.
(53) Were you lying about your answer to the previous question?
(54) Do you actually know your Social Security Number?
Not a clue. Do I even have one?
(55) Do you actually know your IP address?
(56) Do you know what an IP address is?
Yes. Although I'm not entirely sure about why it's there.
(57) Do you know the four-character extension on your ZIP code?
(58) Ever thought there were too many numbers floating around in our lives?
All the time.
(59) Does your head begin to hurt when you think of infinity, imaginary numbers, irrational numbers, etc.?
(60) What do you think of pi?
What are you supposed to think of it? I don't doubt that the mathematicians among you could answer that question in many ways, but frankly, my dears, I don't give a damn.
LOVE, SEX AND ALL THAT
(61) Did you get a little frightened or uncomfortable seeing this as a section title?
~laughs~ 1) No, and 2) It's nice to see love in there at all, never mind put first. ~s~
(62) If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel?
Obliged to say yes, actually.
I hate that.
(63) Do you prefer getting to know someone first before dating them or going in "blind"?
Blind dates are hell on four legs. Horrible.
(64) Could you carry on a relationship with someone with the same first name as a family member?
Well, yes. I've never thought about it, particularly, since my family members tend to have names nobody else has.
I mean, how many people do you know called "Emwhyla"?
(65) Have you ever wished it was more "socially acceptable" for a girl to ask a guy out?
(66) What's your opinion on sex without emotional commitment?
I was thinking about this last night, in an impromptu character-counselling session which turned up this quote :
"But I don't want to do anything if there's emotion involved! Fucking hell, it's scary enough as it *is*!"
I was really very surprised, since I'd always thought of sex as being *less* scary when there was emotional commitment.
Thoughts, anyone who's made it this far down?
(67) Have you ever been romantically attracted to someone physically unattractive?
Well...not to someone that *I* thought was physically unattractive, no.
(68) Do you think the opposite sex finds you good-looking?
No. No, no, and no. And, er, no.
(69) Would you be willing to give up sex in exchange for an emotional commitment you knew would last?
Yes, absolutely. Well, there's nothing to give up, right now. ~s~ But yes.
(70) Do you think the number of the last question was a coincidence?
Entirely, you sad, sad individual.
(71) What is your favorite possession?
My records and Duran stuff.
(72) What physical, tangible possession do you want most?
The Duran board game.
(73) How badly do you want it?
Not badly enough to be actively looking for it. The things I want most, that take up all my energy, are usually intangible things.
(74) Have you ever seen 'The Exorcist'?
No, but I do want to. With someone to hold my hand, as it's a tad more scary than my dad in Dr. Who. ~g~
(75) How long did it take you to understand why the last question is in this section?
Later : 20:33 - Until now! ~g~
(76) Does Christmas music too far away from Christmas annoy you?
Yes. Oh yes. I heard 'Merry Xmas Everybody' the other day, actually. Gah.
(77) How old do you think you will be before you stop liking getting older?
(78) What was the best Halloween costume you ever had?
Last year's, which got a round of applause as it was the first time anyone in this school had seen my legs. ~g~ Ever.
(79) What was the worst Halloween costume you ever had?
Never had a bad one.
(80) What holiday do you think has still managed to retain its original meaning?
(81) There are currently no federal holidays during August- what should be put there?
God, no. There are no holidays in August for a reason - it's Too Fucking Hot.
(82) How good is your short-term memory?
(83) How good is your long-term memory?
Almost impossibly good. ~s~ Really.
(84) What is your earliest memory?
Bits of Australia - 18 months.
(85) What is your happiest memory?
There are many, and I can't answer this with one.
Camden is up there, though. If nothing else because I can remember it as the day I met the most fantastic person the world has ever produced. And ciphergoth, as well. ~g~
(86) What is your strangest memory?
Probably being quasi-abused in the playground, since it's one of the most confused of my memories.
(87) What song, movie, etc. do you wish you could memorize?
But I can! I do!
(88) What movie makes/made you cry?
Casper. Every time.
(89) What book makes/made you cry?
Dorian Gray - so much that I couldn't finish it.
(90) What song makes/made you cry?
'Iris', The Goo Goo Dolls. 'Right Here Waiting', Richard Marx. 'Missing You', John Waite. Many things by Placebo. Just...lots of things.
(91) What makes/made you laugh so hard you cried?
Eddie Izzard, almost always.
Sorry, I was bored. ~sheepish look~
Oh well, I know only asrana is likely to read this anyway...~s~