1. What did you do in 2008 that you have never done before?
I'm not sure there was anything, unless we're counting 'held down a job for a year' and, I think, 'avoided doing anything stupid just because of a boy'. Actually that's pretty significant.
2. Did you keep all of last years’ resolutions?
I never make any.
3. Have you any resolutions for next year?
No, see above, but continuation of 1. would be nice.
4. What countries did you visit?
5. What would you like to have in 2009 that you didn't have in 2008?
A mass conversion of my Flist to the boyband that's changed my life this year. I'm working on a post that will attempt to begin this. :) And a new flat. This one isn't the right place any more.
6. What date in 2008 will remain etched in your memory?
Dates never really do, because they're numbers, and I fail at numbers. But temiskou coming to stay, and then scarethewolves coming to stay, and going out to visit shoiryu and graymary and then on to temiskou, and Christmas. Christmas was really nice. So was my birthday. And a few other things. You know, I remember a lot of stuff. :)
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
See 1, probably. This job has been...just the best thing ever.
8. What was your biggest failure?
Nearly not managing the second half of 1, heh. I don't know what else. Not cleaning the flat enough. Not making it out of my front door enough.
9. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Not particularly. I've been ill a few times but nothing serious (sick of this cough now kthx) and I never really hurt myself.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
A bowl. And a lot of perfume.
11. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
It was a good year for that. Quite a few people. It's not like I'm going to list them, or I'd be one of them, wouldn't I?
12. Where did most of your money go?
Food and perfume. OH GOD I'M SUCH A RIDICULOUS HEDONIST. Oh well.
13. What did you get really really really excited about?
See aforementioned people's visits and trips to see people; America was fantastic. Also, work - seriously. Also more or less every time I have seen my husband this year. I get very excited about seeing them.
14. What songs will always remind you of 2008?
As always, there are lots, because I am made of music. Everything by Super Junior (see 5), a couple of things by Ani DiFranco and Neko Case, many things by Emilie Autumn (late discovery) and Vienna Teng, 'Pirates' by Tori Amos (yeah), 'Taking Islands In Africa' by Japan, 'Ya Mama' by Fatboy Slim, 'Alive' by Pearl Jam, 'Want' by Recoil, 'Voices Of Babylon' by The Outfield...all kinds of nonsense.
15. Compared to this time last year are you:
A) Fatter or thinner? Too fat, but probably about the same as last year.
B) Happier or sadder? Much, much, much, much happier. This time last year was really special.
C) Richer or poorer? Richer. A++++ for no crazy housemates draining all my money! \o/
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Dancing, seeing people. Mostly dancing. There was not nearly enough of that.
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Hating myself. It was a rough year on that front.
18. How will you be spending Christmas?
For the first time I spent a stress-free Christmas among friends. It was wonderful.
19. Which LJ users did you meet for the first time?
In person, shoiryu, graymary, scarethewolves and temiskou. ♥ ♥ ♥. I'm not sure there was anyone else I hadn't met before? I'm good with that.
20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
21. How many one-night stands?
None, thank god.
22. What was your favourite TV show?
Heroes changed my life somewhat. The original Being Human was fantastic. CSI has provided some entertaining moments. So has Supernatural.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Yeah, kind of.
24. What was/were the best books you read?
The brilliant, brilliant Stone Heart by Charlie Fletcher, and the first two Paris Immortal books by sroit.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Oooh, I don't know. I'm tempted to say 'see 5' but honestly, their music isn't the reason I love them so much, so...for me, it's probably Vienna Teng and Emilie Autumn (I am late to both parties, I know). I didn't do a lot of ZOMG YOU HAVE TO HEAR THIS this year. I need to work on that.
26. What did you want and get?
Time with some of the best people I have ever met; a bottle of original Three Witches; some metaphorical kittens.
27. What did you want and not get?
More time with some of the best people I have ever met; a bottle of Dana O'Shee; enough closure.
28. What was your favourite film this year?
HA. Hellboy II, absolutely.
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 24 and I spent it having lunch with my parents and then making cupcakes with asrana. It was wonderful.
30. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
I don't know. Less self-hating. Other than that it was pretty good. Oh, wait, I know. A teleporter.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
32. What kept you sane?
Usual stuff. Music, my friends, this year's self-indulgence (perfume and scented candles), the 39 people who live in my head that I never talk about on LiveJournal, being safe, not doing anything with any men, cross stitch, terrible films, my husband, my bestfriend, tea.
33. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
34. Which political issue stirred you the most?
The US election, which as usual is not saying much.
35. Who did you miss?
Everyone. I always do.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
If you sing loud and clear, someone passing by will surely hear you. No, you can't be afraid, if you ever want somebody near you.