I am however capable of making an unlimited supply of compilation tapes. (No, I really mean that.) If that's something you think you'd like, feel free to nudge me about it. ~s~
2) Presents, the receiving of. I feel deeply weird about the thought of people who aren't my family giving me Christmas presents. But weird can be good sometimes. ~grin~ This being the case I have acquired the rather lovely Wishlist meme from the rather lovely libellum (and others), in case anyone does happen to be strange but wonderful enough to want to give me anything.
How it works:
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("my own Snape/Hermione icon") to medium ("_____ on DVD") to really big ("a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
All I want for Christmas is...
1) Home-made compilations. Very few things bring me as much joy as listening to something someone's made for me, and it opens my eyes to a world of new music at the same time.
2) Anything from wishes_listed, otherwise known as Everything I Can Think Of That I Want From Amazon In The Whole Wide World.
3) Actual printed photographs of you lot (or anyone you happen to know I've been stalking...) - or good colour printouts of pictures on computer, that's good too. My printer is useless and I would love to be able to have pictures of people on my wall.
4) Pretty things. Y'know, just, things you look at and go "Oh, that's lovely." (Stuff)++ Or anything that screams 'duranorak' at you as you pass it.
5) A new corset.
6) Kittens! Obviously not actual kittens, but cuddly kittens or cat figurines or what-have-you. Kittens!
7) Fetish ballet shoes. Because a girl can't have too many wildly impractical things in her life.
8) A ticket to see Phantom again. I've only seen it once and my dad complained loudly all the way through.
9) Glasses - drinking glasses, I mean. This house has some very dull glasses in it and I'd like to replace them with tall elegant pretentious ones. I have a couple but not nearly enough :)
10) Written things. Cards, postcards, stories, poems. Something you've written.
Edit : Oh, yes, and. I do not cope well with anonymous gifts. I mean, obviously anyone giving me things is wonderful, but I would much much much rather know who things were from! (Thank you purplerabbits for reminding me.)
3) asrana has reminded me that I've still never made a contact details post, so, one to follow shortly, backdated so as not to clutter your Friends Page but in my memories under 'contact details'.